2.04.2011

Update! It's been a while...

Sorry - to anyone who bothers to read this blog - for the long, long delay in new postings. A lot has been going on in my musical life, and I should have some new things to post about.

  • I've completely upgraded the computer and software in Digital Din (my studio)
  • My project Din Within has recorded a track for a tribute album to the band Yes
  • I've been recording an EP for a local band called "The Fynline" - a nice group of teenagers from my hometown
  • Josh and I have continued to write and record for our second Din Within Album
  • I commissioned and received an awesome new 6-string bass from Karl Hoyt - the one-of-a-kind "Monkey Bass"
  • I have acquired not my original Ransomed Soul bass, but an "exact replica" on eBay -- and am in the process of modding it to be like my original bass
  • I've also done the same with a 5-string Samick bass - it's black instead of pearl white, and has a slightly different headstock, but it's pretty close!
  • The above two points are particularly relevant because we're planning a 20-year reunion concert for the band Ransomed Soul - coming this Spring!

Not music-related - but one other major thing; my wife and I are expecting our first child in a matter of weeks (if not days!) So... that's had me pretty preoccupied.

So, hopefully, I'll get back on the bandwagon and post some new stuff!

--mark

No comments: